Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Whedon-a-thon continues

Tuesday I finished Buffy Season Seven and yesterday I got my Season 8 comics. Well, the first 4 compilations anyway.



The beauty of comics is that if you can draw it, you can include it in the story. Trying to make Dawn a centaur or having the Slayers actually drop out of helicopters would have been harder to film than to draw. I'm enjoying the story and the visuals. With the comics, every frame has so much detail, and while I zipped through all 4 compilations which encompasses issues 1 through 20, in about an evening, I can go back and take time to look at the details.


I've thought off and on about writing and illustrating a graphic novel. Maybe not like Fun Home by Alison Bechdel, but maybe something more like Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi (also made into a movie) or Gemma Bovary by Posy Simmonds. Gemma Bovary is mostly words, with some drawings, rather than the whole thing being drawings. As a not-so-good drawer, I like that idea best.

In other Whedon related activities, I watched Dollhouse's unaired pilot this morning. Later I'll watch the pilot episode that was aired and compare.

In other knitting news, the bulky knit sweater continues but I dream of the next project. I do that all the time. As soon as the end is in sight, I think about what I want to make next. I have a couple of blankety ideas as well as sweatery ideas. May be something from Interweave Knits or Fitted Knits...

It's getting cooler in Atlanta now and the thought of curling up on the couch with soft wool and the TV sounds sooo appealing...

1 comment:

Saren Johnson said...

Yes, the cats think the electric blanket need to be put on the bed. I don't think it's cold enough yet.