Monday, March 28, 2011
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Monday, March 21, 2011
Friday, March 18, 2011
In all the busyness of meeting with potential clients, writing proposals to do work for them, and then actually doing the work, I've watched the one and only season of the Bionic Woman remake, from 2008. There were only 8 episodes, which is too bad because I thought it was pretty good. I may do a Nikita marathon next via Hulu.
Recently, as well, the New York Times posted an article called Sugar and Spice and Vicious Beatings about how more women on cops shows, etc. are the bad ass, kick ass muscle. I have some thoughts about it that I'll write about next post.
Friday, March 11, 2011
I called my parents in Taiwan and they said they're fine. Most people live on the western coast of Taiwan, on the Straits of Taiwan facing China. The center of the island is a mountain range and the eastern side facing the Pacific is not very populated.
My parents live on the western side and on pretty high ground, so they're fine.
In other news, Brother One has started his own English teaching business in Taiwan. At this point, that means 4 of the 6 people in my family are entrepreneurs.
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Pão de Queijo recipe (adapted from Simply Recipes):
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup cheese, queso fresco or parmesan, grated
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 mini-muffin pan
1) Preheat oven to 400°F.
2) Apply a thin coating of oil in each muffin opening in the muffin pan.
3) Put all of the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
4) Pour pão de queijo mixture into each muffin opening about ¾ full.
5) Place muffin pan on the oven’s middle rack and bake for 15-20 minutes, until completely puffy and just a little browned.
6) Remove from oven and let cool on a rack for a few minutes.
7) Serve warm
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
The past few days in Atlanta have been up in the 70sF, reaching almost 80F some days. And Husband's friend came from Delaware to visit, before moving to Wisconsin. Yes, he likes driving.