Sunday, March 14, 2010

Today's craft project: Lotus collage

Actually made this yesterday.

Materials:
scrapbook paper
origami paper
craft knife
mod podge craft glue

finished size 12 inches by 12 inches.

I made a stencil for the red lotus flower from cardboard, so I won't have to free-hand the lotus in the future if I decide to make another one. I already had the stencil for the dragonflies.

It took 2 hours total to make, including selecting the papers, creating the lotus stencil, cutting out the lotus and dragonflies, gluing them in place and sealing them in mod podge, and a snack break.

Next step is to coat the whole thing in mod podge to seal it in because the places where I already used mod podge is darker than unsealed areas.

Next time I want to make something out of stripy paper and do a Kaffe Fassett quilt design.

No comments: