Thursday, March 11, 2010

drugged up

This is what I've ingested today, all before lunch.
1. caffeine, the elixir of life
2. amoxicillin, an antibiotic for the oral surgery I had last week
3. antihistimine (Claritin) to counteract the hives that started yesterday as a result of the antibiotic.

Yet no breakfast. I should get something to eat because after lunch I'm supposed to switch to Benadryl for the hives.

And it's cold and rainy.

On the other hand, USA network showed "Serenity" and it made me fall in love with the 'verse again. I noticed things I hadn't before, such as Jayne's quote "as noble as grapes" which is such great dialogue.

I'm looking forward to the Wash and Shepherd Book comics coming out later this year.

In other TV news, a friend of mine has developed a show for American TV but her agent is also shopping it around in the UK. She's not sure if she can convert some of the race and cultural references for a British setting but I would guess they'd bring in another writier to work with her.

She's also applied to a screenwriting program at the Univ of California and has to pitch a movie screenplay. She asked her friends who our favorite actors and actresses are and I had to think about it.

There are shows I really like, like Whedon's shows, esp Firefly, Burn Notice, Leverage, and now Caprica. But I realize that who I really follow are writers, like Whedon and Jane Espenson. I like the blog Kung Fu Monkey because John Rogers posts about the writing process of his show Leverage.

That said, I did come up with a list of actors/actresses for my friend:
Christian Kane, Alan Tudyk, Emma Thompson, Alan Rickman, John Cho, Janeane Garafalo, Lucy Liu, Gabrielle Union, America Ferrera, Maya Rudolph, Tina Fey, Laura Linney, Daniel Dae Kim, Rodrigo Santoro.

ETA: Now on Benadryl and feeling a bit out of it and overheating. Fun. not.

1 comment:

Saren Johnson said...

Hope you feel better soon. Not fun being hazy.