Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Congrats to Natasha

Just got the e-mail from my friend Natasha had her baby, Ava. Natasha was three months pregnant when we did our Europe trip and it must have been the world's easiest pregnancy. She didn't have any morning sickness and managed to stay awake during all the meetings. And some of those meetings were really boring.

Her due date was September 20, so yesterday I mailed off the orange and ivory baby blanket I made for her, a children's book about Georgia O'Keefe "My Name is Georgia," and a sticker depicting a Portuguese hotel. Natasha had gone to Lisbon as her southern city, when I went to Rome.

By the way, I love those Laughing Elephant stickers. I have several packs. I keep thinking I'm going to paint papier mache or wooden boxes and decorate them with the stickers. I have the boxes already. But between the knitting, crocheting, and pottery, don't know when I'll get around to it. However, they work well as that little extra something when giving gifts.

I had forgotten how nice it is to shop for gifts and package them up. In this day of online shopping (which I love, see the Etsy.com link), it's still such a nice thing to go to stores to shop, wrap them in paper, handwrite notes, slipping in a little extra, etc.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I really do enjoy shopping for perfect presents for the special people in my life. It is even more fun to get to wrap them up and ship them off in the mail. Some day when I have gobs and gobs of extra money, I will create a line in my budget for gifts.

I'm glad you included the link to Laughing Elephant. I love the sticker card you sent me with the coffee stickers and it was fun to check out the website. Of course I found a number of things I would like to buy!