Monday, August 3, 2009

Torchwood: Children of Earth

I took today off from work, as part of recuperating from the vacation. I probably could have gone to work, but I have so much vacation time accrued, I felt fine taking another day off.

So I spent it watching Days 1, 2, and 3 of Torchwood: C of E. That's all that was on the Netflix DVD. Great, great storytelling. At the end of the each episode, I couldn't wait to see the next one. It was a great idea to focus on just one story and stretch it over 5 days. Now I have to wait a few days for the next dvd to get here. What will I do in the mean time?

Oh, yes. I have Buffy, of which I also watched today. I only have the 2 episode season 2 closer. I'll save that for tomorrow. Because I think I watched enough TV today.

I'm thinking of doing National Novel Writing Month (nanowrimo) this year, in November. Every once in a while I'll start a novel and then abandon it. Given that, and the fact that I've been getting into the stories of the Whedonverse and Gaimanverse, I figured I should stop with the procrastinating and just do it.

Now, if only I had a plot and not just characters and fragments of ideas....

No comments: