Sunday, August 9, 2009

Now with Sci Fi!

My friends on Facebook have been breathlessly following my ordeal waiting for the cable installer. Okay, so it wasn't an ordeal at all, since it meant staying at home Friday afternoon and watching the rest of Torchwood: Children of Earth, and more episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Anyway, the point is I now have HD satellite, including Sci Fi (yes, I know it's now called Sy Fy. Whatev.) and BBC America and Lifetime, in time for the start of the next season of Project Runway, and Drop Dead Diva with Margaret Cho.

Work continues, I still have a job, but we are doing the annual audit now, and I am freaking concerned about whether the grant proposals I have written will come through, allowing us to stay in business without laying people off. However, I think layoffs will be in the future.

So, I will escape in my offwork hours, into the worlds presented on TV and DVD.

No comments: