Thursday, August 20, 2009

Moist and Delicious

Watched "Hush" from season 4 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It's the episode where The Gentlemen take everyone's voices.

For some reason, Spike the vampire is holed up at Xander's place. Xander's tied up Spike so Spike won't bite Xander the human as he sleeps:

Spike: Like I'd bite you anyway
Xander: Oh, you would.
S: Not bloody likely
X: I happen to be very biteable pal. I'm moist and delicious.
S: All right, yeah, fine. You're a nummy treat.
X: And don't you forget it.

For some reason, this has been running through my head all day and makes me giggle. Also, very slashy, especially if you've seen the scene in question, Xander crawling in bed.... Or, if you're not into reading a slashy hoyay subtext into everything, you won't see it. But where's the fun in that?

I also like the scene where Xander thinks Spike's bitten Anya. He leaps to beat up Spike and then shows such the happiness and relief when it turns out Spike hasn't fed on Anya. Pretty clear how he feels about her.

And as we all know, in the Whedonverse, no happy relationships can last... However, I still look forward to seeing how Xander/Anya unfolds.

Also, Riley not doing anything for me, despite all the shirtless scenes they keep doing. Maybe because there's no funny.

My favorite male characters are still Wash and Xander, because I love me some smart, sweet, witty funny. They're the ones who don't always advocate violence. In fact Wash is the one who asks for the non-killing options. They are the Joss Whedon avatars. Broad shoulders help too ;)

My favorite female characters are Willow and Zoe, women who are quite skilled and capable and understated about it.

No comments: