Friday, August 29, 2008

Moises Update

Took the cat to the vet today. I called them at 4pm to ask what time they close and asked them what to do about Moises not eating or drinking and being very lethargic. They said it could be anything.

I thought, if I'm worried enough to consider taking him to the vet, I should just take him to the vet. Plus, I realized that he's had very little to eat or drink for 3 days now and that can't be good.

Despite his weakness, Moises found the strength to struggle as I tried to put him in the cat carrier. Then on the car ride over, he peed in the carrier. It smelled pretty bad.

Because he messed himself, the vet had to examine him in the wet room, so I waited out in the waiting room and the vet would come out periodically to tell me what was going on. Good thing I had my knitting with me, and they had some recent Newsweek magazines.

Basically, Moises has a fever and a bit dehydrated, so they gave him some antibiotics and a hydration shot or something and I brought him home. Oh, they also washed out his carrier and gave him a bath.

When we got home, I let him out of the carrier outside and he's been out there sunning himself. He's feeling better now and I'm feeling better for having him checked out.

It's been a day at the doctors for both of us. Me to the peridontist in the morning, him to the vet in the afternoon.

No comments: