Sunday, August 24, 2008

The importance of dyelots


Here is an example of the importance of dyelots, especially when we're talking handpainted yarn.
They're both Great Adirondacks Soxie yarn in the Blueberry colorway. The bottom one is emerald green, cobalt blue, and royal purple. I'm crocheting a scarf and ran out. I know, I know, crochet uses up more yarn than knitting.

I ordered the top one this last week, about 3 years after buying the first one. The new one is more teal green, and plum purple.
Not sure what I'll do now. My mother in law might like the colors of the new skein.

And I'll probably just use the scarf as-is, which is about 5 feet unblocked. That's enough to keep me warm.

1 comment:

Saren Johnson said...

I concur. Dye lots SUCK!

Grilltech has a green sweater from from several different dye lots. (sigh) He wears it and loves it. I just have to shake my head.