Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's summer in Atlanta, fall in Denver

Going to Denver this weekend to see Best Friend. This year will mark the 19th anniversary of our friendship and we met when we were 19 years old. So we've known each other half our lives. Certainly something worth celebrating.

Just checked the weather. It's going to be cool over there, getting down to the 40s F at night and only the 60s F

I'll be packing the wool Emerald sweater from Knitty I just finished for Sister. Might as well enjoy it a bit before giving it away. Pictures to come when the light is better. Maybe one from Denver.

I really enjoyed making Emerald, a raglan sweater knit from the bottom up. I'm thinking of doing another, from the top down, so I pulled out Fitted Knits by Stephanie Japel and went onto Ravelry to see what would work.

It was kind of disheartening to see so many people mentioning how many mistakes there were in the directions. Some people said that the errata wasn't complete enough. Others said it was important to read your knitting, not the instructions so much.

And the yarn I got for my next project isn't the blue I expected. It's a bit more muted that I wanted, so I'll just save it for another baby blanket. Someone's always having babies.

I shouldn't start anything new now, though. I have plenty of UFOs to work on, plus the yarn for my mom's Wool Peddler shawl is on it's way.

I should probably go pack before it gets much later. Early flight tomorrow.

No comments: