Saturday, March 29, 2008

HALT: Words of Wisdom

I don't have the best memory in the world, but there is one thing I retained from some motivational speaker a long time ago.

She said, when you're making a decision, you should remember this acronym: HALT.

That is, do not make a decision if you are Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired.

Yesterday, I was both Hungry and Tired and made a decision that wasn't the best thought out, but not the end of the world.

I have one more grant proposal to do, and it's due April 1. So I e-mailed my self the proposal. Which is written in Office 2007, which I don't have on my home computer.

At least I had printed out some things (so much for the paperless office) and did bring those home with me. I'll make those edits on paper then type them up on Monday.

No comments: