Friday, January 18, 2008

First time at Knit Night

As much knitting as I do, I actually doing it alone. But last night I went to a Knit Night for the first time.

It was at Knitch, my favorite yarn shop. I went, by myself, not knowing anyone and just sat down where I found space.

It was with a group of 4 women and as others have found, conversation veered from knitting, to beauty tips, to love lives, to politics. It seemed that people were Democrats and wavering between Hilary Clinton and Barack Obama.

As one person said, if Hilary was the Democratic nominee, she'd vote for her, but Barack was more appealing. Another person said that Barack Obama made her feel least sleazy after listening to them campaigning.

Not quite a ringing endorsement, but I think that's how politics are nowadays. We're all cynical and want to be inspired and believe, but also think that politicians will say anything to get elected.

Personally, I'm leaning toward Hilary Clinton and would love a ticket of Hilary Clinton and Bill Richardson.

I took one of those online campaign matching quizzes and got matched most with Mike Gravel and least with Fred Thompson. This was the first time I heard about Gravel. He hasn't been doing so well, getting about 0% in the caucuses and primaries.

For the first time, on February 5, Georgia will be having a primary. I better do some research.

In the course of chit chatting, we talked about what we do and where we work. It turned out that onee of the women had heard about my organization. I went prepared with business cards and newsletters so I got a little networking done too.

Knit Night was fun and I'll have to do it again sometime.

No comments: