Saturday, February 27, 2010

Knitting Olympics 2010 done!


final dimensions: 30.5 inches by 30.5 inches.
yarns: worsted weight cottons held double.
needle: size 10 US
garter stitch with a crochet border
started Feb 12, 2010, finished Feb 26, 2010, 2 days before the deadline, which is the closing ceremonies of the winter olympics.

The friend I made the blanket for is expecting her first baby, a boy, in March. Her baby shower was Thursday night but I was too sick to go. She is supposed to be at a party I'm going to tonight, so I'll give it to her then.

Things that helped me get this project done:
1. big needles
2. being sick and staying home for 2 days. lots of knitting time when not napping.
3. garter stitch. so mindless, it's easy knitting even when woozy.
4. lots of TV. I watched 9 the movie about the ragdolls who come to life after the apocalypse. I watched almost all the episodes of Caprica to date on Hulu. I did manage to catch one episode on SyFy.

I missed the Battlestar Galactica boat but it's next in my Netflix queue. So I wanted to be sure to catch the Caprica boat. My favorite characters so far are Zoe, Lacy, Tamara and Sam. It's very much a character-driven drama in a sci fi setting, which I think is my favorite kind of show. Maybe I should start watching Fringe.

I'm not so much into the fighting and explosions. When I watched Buffy and Angel, I would fast forward through the fights. But pause and rewind if I saw them stop to talk. Never know when there'd be a bon mot, which is part of the joy of watching a Whedon show, the dialogue.

1 comment:

Saren Johnson said...

Nice job on the blanket!