Wednesday, May 6, 2009

chock-full of change

The past few weeks have been just chock-full of change.

First, I moved.
Second, a friend died.
Third, at the friend's memorial, I reconnected with an old acquaintance who has gotten married and now we're in neighboring neighborhoods.
Fourth, I got an e-mail out of the blue from friend I tried to reconnect with and now we will. Oops, got a call, she's bailing on me.
Fifth, I went to a national conference reception last night and ran into an old college friend. One of the first things she told me was that a mutual friend died.

Sadly, she was 35 years old and had heart failure in her sleep. Very much like my 30 year old friend who died in December of heart failure. More sadly, I didn't remember this friend. My excuse is that, um, I have a very bad memory and she was younger, so her time at the University of Wisconsin and my time there didn't overlap by much. Not much of an excuse, but there it is.

Okay. People need to stop dying on me!

In other news, Husband and I got an Asus Eee 1000A netbook, a little thing only 1o inches by 7 inches, and will soon have internet connection at home again. So I'll be able to blog more frequently, with pictures even.

No comments: