Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sean Scully blanket update

I am loving the garter stitch, Malabrigo fest. The yarn is so soft! I'm really enjoying the green section. It's one strand of Saphire Green (the light green) and one of Verdes (the dark and light green varigated). Loving the marled look that results. This is what it looks like now, with the pieces roughly placed where they will be in the end.

These and the one up top are the Sean Scully pictures that inspired this blanket. Sorry about the blurry pics, but you get the idea.


I knitted the orange/yellow/white and purple/grey pieces separately. Then threaded onto a cable needle the orange/yellow/white and cable-cast on more in blue (one strand Malabrigo Buscando Azul and one some blue Cascade 220 left over from Husband's blanket). Then I knit back in the green. When the vertical green sections separated by thin blue stripes are done, I'll sew on the purple/grey piece. Not sure if I'll try to match up the stripes or not. I'm pretty much winging it.

No comments: