Monday, March 30, 2009

First thoughts on Torchwood

I've gotten through the first 7 episodes of season one and am enjoying it pretty well. My thoughts in no particular order:

1. I'm enjoying the Welsh-ness of the show. I know very little about Wales and like the episodes where the characters get out into the city and countryside.
2. The show is like the X-Files, though I don't think I've ever watched an entire episode of the X-Files.
3. "Countrycide" is very scary and gory. I had to fast forward through that one.
4. I like how the actors look like real people, gap-toothed, no-implants, wearing sensible flat shoes because they actually run after suspects, instead of the ridiculously revealing outfits and high heels that American actresses wear.
5. Ianto is my favorite character so far. Maybe because of the name, maybe because I have a thing for guys with dark hair and the actor looks good in his suit.

I became interested in Torchwood because Firefly is over. Torchwood doesn't quite scratch the same itch for me as Firefly, but I'm enjoying it on it's own terms.

Now to find the Torchwood blogs and throw myself into that on-line fandom.

No comments: