My comments are italicized.
- 1582 - Due to the implementation of the Gregorian calendar this day does not exist in this year in Italy, Poland, Portugal and Spain.
- 1911 - Wuchang Uprising which led to the demise of Qing Dynasty, the last Imperial court in China, and the founding of the Republic of China. -- My parents are from Taiwan, and they always say that if I was born in Taiwan, it would have been free (cost them nothing). As it was, I was born in Missouri.
- 1979 - The Pac-Man arcade game is released to the Japanese market by Namco. Thereby changing world wide culture forever.
- 1963 - Daniel Pearl, American journalist (d. 2002)
- 1969 - Brett Favre, American football player -- Go, Pack, Go!
I could go with Republic of China (Taiwan) - National Day (Double Tenth Day 雙十國慶) but already mentioned it above in Events, so I go with
World Mental Health Day We most certainly could use it. And more often than once a year.
I don't have many friends with blogs, so I'm tagging two real, live friends, and someone whose blog I read and now feels like a friend. Plus, she just posted about her birthday and might not mind posting some more about it.
Life with Linus
Crazy Aunt Purl