Monday, January 5, 2009

staycation

Aaaaaaaaand I'm back!

From Dec 24, 2008 to Jan 4, 2009, I was on staycation. Loved it and didn't want to come back. I slept in every day, watched hours of TV, finished knitting projects, read "trashy" novels, started a painting, and did some packing. I packed up the wedding china, the wine glasses, and all the small pictures. The walls are looking a bit bare.

Sorted through the jewelry, paring it down to the stuff I wear regularly and the special occasion pieces, and ended up with only about a third of what I had before. The rest is stuff like $12 earrings from Kohl's or clip-ons my mom gave me. Not really anything with any resale value. I'm thinking of donating it to Dress for Success or something.

There were days I didn't leave the house, not even to walk to the end of the driveway to get the mail. Towards the end, the computer at home conked out so I didn't even have internet access. It was kind of nice to be all cocooned and incommunicado with the rest of the world, except through the TV.

Husband was very jealous. He did not have a staycation, and he was sick.

Good thing we didn't go anywhere. We still haven't closed on the condo and every few days I had to make copies of our personal documents and run them over to the mortgage broker. Gah.

No comments: