Monday, December 1, 2008

Everything's going to be late

I spent Thanksgiving with Sister, and Brothers One and Two at Sister's place in DC. I took Ma's shawl to work on, but the lace took more concentration than I was able to summon. Wine and lace knitting really don't work for me. Neither does lace knitting and driving in the dark.

It turns out that I somewhere along the way, I misread instructions or something and omitted an entire diagonal row of eyelets, so had to rip back. This shawl! It's like every week I make a mistake and have to rip out rows and rows of 200+ stitches.

So I predict that this project will not be done by Dec 12, in time for mailing to my mom for her birthday. That means the red and black hat I'm making for Sister-In-Law will also be late. And Best Friend's Emerald sweater will be pushed back to...?

On top of all that, I want to cast on for a scarf for Sister, in appreciation for the hospitality she showed all of us for Thanksgiving. Although I imagine it's actually the fact that I would like a more portable project than a shawl made with worsted weight yarn, or a beret that requires DPNs. Plus I have so much pretty sock yarn!

Oops, the truth came out!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

That's how life goes. At this point I can't tell if I'm running behind on my gift-crafting or not. There is always a rush at the end, but I'm optimistic I'll keep up better this year.