Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Miracle at Speedy Motors

I've been meme-tagged by KnitTech:

Pick up the nearest book. Open on page 123. Find the fifth sentence. Post the next three sentences. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.


So the book is The Miracle at Speedy Motors by Alexander McCall Smith. It's the 9th in the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series. It's about the first female detective in Botwana and it's really gentle and descriptive of life in Botswana in southeastern Africa. The cases are illumative of the human condition and Precious Ramotwe, the main character, often reflects that what she does is easy enough for anyone to do, if only they're attentive to details and aware of how people interact with each other.


I've read them or listened to the audiobooks, and they've made me want to visit Botswana. Husband want to visit Namibia on the southwestern coast, I want to visit Botswana on southeastern side. Maybe one day we'll go from Namibia to South Africa to Botswana.


The first book, the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, has been made into a movie starring Jill Scott.


Here's what I found on page 123.

"We must tell him before he asks," siad Mma Ramotswe. "And remember, I have offered to do this thing for you. I will go to see him and tell him what happened."

Hm.... who to tag? Many of my friends don't have blogs, so if anyone is interested in trying out this meme, go for it!

No comments: