Sunday, January 23, 2011

Vindaloo

So much stuff going on, starting new things. I've had meetings with people who do what I want to do as a consultant, and am getting good feed back. Going to draft a prospectus some time this week. And a budget. Exciting stuff, eh?

Anyway, I'm still on a cooking kick. Today, I caught an episode of Aarti Party on the Food Network and the recipe for Beef Vindaloo and Cucumber Raita looked good. Will modify to use the chicken I have. I went with this partly because I have one cucumber and half a container of plain yogurt already and had been trying to figure out what to do with them. And I have a container of garam masala spices too.

After scanning the web for recipes, the basics seem to be:
1. Fry up a few diced onions and garlic. Can do. That's the basis for pretty much anything savory I cook.
2. Add in bite-sized chunks of meat and brown.
3. Add garam masala, hot peppers, brown sugar and vinegar until thick sauce results.
4. Simmer covered until meat is done.

I'll probably serve it with rice, but Aarti also showed how to make chapatis.

mmm. Getting hungry already.

1 comment:

Saren Johnson said...

Sounds very good. May have to try it.