Thursday, October 17, 2013

Wow, it's been a while

So much has happened since my last post.  Here are the highlights:
1) Went to visit Baby's birthparents.  All went well.  It was like a visit with friends.  Baby was 15 months or so and her birth brother was about 2 and a half years old. Baby's birthparents had asked us to adopt from them again and we said Yes! But a week after the visit and a month before the due date, the birthparents decided to parent the impending baby.  We are so disappointed but...
2) we are preparing an application to an adoption agency.
3) Baby and I joined a play group via MeetUp and that's going well.  We've gotten friendly with a pair of twins and a set of triplets and their nannies.  Baby, being a singleton, is a bit overwhelmed by it, but she's getting better.
4) I've been sewing dresses and tunics for me and Baby. Baby's now walking and getting into all kinds of things, so I can sew  -- and more importantly, cut out fabric using the floor -- when she's napping or after she's in bed for the night.  Sometimes, I can do some sewing when she's awake. She'll play with supplies on the floor next to me.


No comments: