Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Been sewing

Tunic O from Stylish Dress Book by Yoshiko Tsukiori
Skirt: New Look 6873
A-Line Skirt from Stitch by Stitch book by Deborah Moebes
Dress A from Stylish Dress Book
My sewing nook in the corner of my bedroom


My sister asked me how I manage to get so much sewing done when I have a baby.  My answer:  I do it when she's napping.  Also, I don't really do much knitting anymore.  I'm trying to give my thumb a rest.  I did do a bunch of knitting while watching some "Lost Girl" but the pain's flared up again so I'm taking a break from knitting.  

I've bought 2 classes from Craftsy.com:  How to Design and Make an A-Line Skirt by Deborah Moebes and Sewing with Knits by Meg McElwee.  I finished watching the A-Line Skirt class, but have yet to make anything from it. It's really informative and has helped me understand shaping better.

I'm currently watching the Sewing with Knits class and am looking forward to making the Surplice Dress from it. I really like Tunic O from Stylish Dress Book, but the sleeves are constricting.  I want to remake the tunic in a knit for more flexibility.

1 comment:

Saren Johnson said...

You've been very busy! Everything looks very cute on you.