I've made 3 muslins (no, not Muslims, autocorrect) from Stylish Dress Book. None of them have worked out quite right yet but I'm going to try making a dress -length Tunic O with some cotton voile I ordered from Fabric.com.
Part of the problem with ordering on-line is that there's no sense of scale. It turns out the flowers on the fabric are 8 inches across. That's just too big for me, but at least making another dress from it will let me know how voile's hand works with the pattern.
If it still doesn't work, I'm going to move onto another pattern. Maybe the Claire Cami tank dress from Sew Serendipity.
In doing an image search on the dress, I came across the Patty the Snug Bug blog. She's made several of these dresses and looks really cute in them, so that's a good sign.