Pão de Queijo recipe (adapted from Simply Recipes):
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup cheese, queso fresco or parmesan, grated
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 mini-muffin pan
1) Preheat oven to 400°F.
2) Apply a thin coating of oil in each muffin opening in the muffin pan.
3) Put all of the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
4) Pour pão de queijo mixture into each muffin opening about ¾ full.
5) Place muffin pan on the oven’s middle rack and bake for 15-20 minutes, until completely puffy and just a little browned.
6) Remove from oven and let cool on a rack for a few minutes.
7) Serve warm