Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sunrise Circle Jacket

Done!

Details:
Yarn: Cascade 220, Color Ruby, 4 skeins and a smidge
Needle: US 7, 4.5 mm
Started: Sept 21, 2009
Finished: Dec 17, 2009

Alterations: did not sew the hems, sewed on only one button instead of 4
I took the sweater to work so I could sew the seams during lunch. I showed it to a co worker who also knits and she thought the rolled edges of the unsewn hems looked nice, like a Design Element. Hey, less finishing work is fine with me. This way, I can turn the edges back like a shawl collar.

The important thing is it's done, it's wearable, and in time for the trip to SoCal on Sunday.

And I can start on the new sweater. :)

eta: removed the button and loop. don't like the way it pulls and puckers. will use a shawl pin instead. eventually will also rip out -- again-- and reseam the right side. the seaming there is tricky because the back is knit back and forth, but the sides are curved and so the rows don't match exactly. the fronts are a little longer than the back so you're supposed to "ease in any extra fullness" as the instructions say. and that's all it says.


2 comments:

Stacey said...

I love it!! And not just because it is red. :) It looks great on you.

Have a wonderful anniversary celebration/trip. And Merry Christmas. I hope your present arrives soon.

Saren Johnson said...

It looks very nice. Way to make it your own!