Saturday, November 8, 2008

Tough times ahead

Yes, I am very happy that Obama was elected president and I am still teary-eyed whenever I read or hear or think the words "President (-elect) Obama."

However, I wonder why anyone would want to run for president now. The US faces humongous challenges. We have 2 wars going on that I don't really support because I am anti-violence. The economy is incredibly awful. There's a huge gap between rich and everyone else, and you know things are bad when politicians say we need to do things for the middle class, not only the poor.

On a related note, my local representative to state legislature is shown in this article http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/30/us/politics/30message.html?scp=1&sq=alisha%20thomas%20morgan&st=cse

The tough times have not magically disappeared. But things are looking up.

No comments: