Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Namaste Knitting Bag

I finally got a Namaste knitting bag. Specifically the Laguna in Peacock, a teal blue, from The Yarn Grove. $59 with free shipping over $50. The Yarn Grove is a web only store on one side of Atlanta and I live on the other. I could have driven over to their house and picked it up on the way home from work, but with free shipping, I decided to save my gas, time, and sanity by not driving all over Atlanta.

Anyway I ordered it Friday and got it Saturday.
I like it, it's big and roomy, with a center divider to keep yarn and needles separate from all my other purse stuff. There's also an external pocket in front for my cellphone, business card, kleenex tissues, and pens. And on the back another pocket where I keep my appointment book. And more pens if necessary.

To carry all the stuff I need to carry (work papers and folders, purse stuff, and knitting) with me in one bag, I knew the bag would have to be kind of big. And by big, I mean big. Here are pictures. Note that I am 5 feet tall, wearing 2 and half inch heels:


From this angle, it's not so bad. When using the strap the top and handles fold over so it doesn't look so big.
The shoes by the way are Romeo by Aerosoles.

From this angle you see how bulky it is. Yet that's necessary to hold all the stuff I need. Other pursed aren't as roomy and since I'm knitting with bulky yarn, I need the room. I'm just 50% wider now from side to side..
Here's a pic of the inside.The zippered center divider pocket isn't as tall as I expected and it's floppy pleather. But significantly lighter than the leather bucket purse I had been using that was about 1/3 the size of the Laguna bag.

All in all, I'm pleased.

And for a blog named Red, there's been no red in the recent posts. So here's a gratuitous picture of my red pedicure, in a pair of navy blue slides I keep at work, against the industrial grey carpet of the office.
Sometimes yarn just isn't enough to keep a girl happy.

1 comment:

Saren Johnson said...

Uhhh, no picture of the inside. :(

Now I'll need to go look and see if I want one or not.