Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Dilemma of the Multi-crafter

The other day, I was looking for a yarn shop in Sandy Springs when I came across a needlepoint shop. Can't remember the name, but it's on Hildebrand street.

A long time ago, I was really into cross-stitch, which led me to needlepoint. I've even gone so far as to design my own pieces, including a piece to commemorate my parents' 30th (or was it 35th?) anniversary. I still have cross stitch and needlepoint UFOs.

Being in that needlepoint shop made we want to pick it up again. But I can't! I have too many other knitting, crocheting, quilting, and collage projects going on. And I have so much yarn! Not to mention the printmaking and painting that I dabble in. And the pottery that I do every Monday night.....

Thus is the dilemma of the multi-crafter.

However -- what if I use some of the harder-wearing yarn, like the Knitpicks Wool of the Andes or Cascade 220 for needlepoint? I already have the canvas, and the cross stitch and needlepoint patterns....

Thus is the solution of the multi-crafter.

No comments: