Saturday, March 3, 2007

Knitting overview -- the title says it all

Right now I'm on a big knitting kick.

These are my finished objects of which I have pictures, which I will catalog and post in a sidebar some day.
  • sweater vest for Brother 1, based on Petrol, from Knitty.com
  • sweater vest for Brother 2, based on Petrol, from Knitty.com
  • 2 scarves for Sister. One pattern I made up, the other is the Magic Scarf from Crazy Aunt Purl.
  • pillbox hat for self, based on Chinese pillbox from the book Folk Hats.
  • Calorimetry, from Knitty.com for self, for the Excellent European Adventure, which will include going to Scandinavia in March. More about that later.
  • oversized beret, may need felting. That's what happens when I don't follow a pattern and ignore gauge. I really do know better.
Works in Progress:
  • cardigan for Sister, the Bi-colored Cables from Interweave Knits magazine.
  • scarf for self, Argosy from Knitty.com

Only 2 WIPs. Pretty good since I have a hard time focusing on only one project at a time.

Future projects:

  • Afghan for Husband. It will be my travel project, that I take with me on Euro-adventure. He's been asking for the afghan for a while and it'll be essentially many Magic Scarves, sewn together, alternating between turquoise and black. It'll be my momento of Husband, since he won't let me take anything of his with me on the month-long trip.
  • Sandy cardigan for Ma, from the book Big Girl Knits
  • Felted fedora for Ma, from the book Folk Hats
  • Sweater vest for Ba (Dad)
  • cabled sweater vest for Brother-in-Law -- yarn already purchased.
  • Lace of some sort, since I keep collecting lace knitting books.

Lest I give the impression that I only knit for others, I have made a very simple cardigan for myself, based on a pattern in Vogue Knitting. However, it is doesn't fit well and is very pilly, so there will no pictures of that.

No comments: